At the mountain of Orliakas near the village of Spileon Grevena you can find the amazing canyon of Kleftis ( or Lialista). According to a legend one thief (during Turkish domination) was persecute by the Turks he went to gorge of Lialista. Looking at the difficulty of passing through one side to the other he made a statement that if he did, he would build a bridal bridge. Since then, there is a small stone-built bridge that connects both sides of the gorge, The Bridge of Kleftis. The gorge for the locals is known as gorge of Kleftis or old name Lialista. The route begins from the stone bridge of Katsogianni and ends before Kleftis Bridge. Α narrow gorge, almost 1 km by widths of up to 4 meters and imposing rocks reaching a height of 150 m. Dark in many places on the other hand amazing gorge in parts that is no place to standing.
At Ziakas village square.
- Coming from Grevena: We take the road to the national ski center and we follow signs for the village Mavranei. From there we continue straight for the village Ziakas.
- Coming from Kalampaka (Meteora): We take the road to Ioannina. After 10 km at the road junction we turn right to Grevena. We keep following signs to Grevena. At 65m (counting from Kalampaka) we enter Egnatia highway with direction to Ioannina and we exit on the next junction where we follow the road to the national ski center, we pass through the village Mavranei, we continue straight for the village Ziakas
- Participation fee:
- end of May - October
- Number of participants: Min: 2 persons
- Family Prices :
|90.0 € / 2 adults+1 child110 € / 2 adults+2 children130 € / 2 adults+3 children|
Experiened English Speaking GuideAll necessary equipment
- Third party insurance
- All Taxes
- Any services were not mentioned in the program
- Ages: 08-70 years old
- Participation terms: Fulfillment of participation document, prepayment of participation fee, physical and mental health.
- Activity duration: 3 – 4 hours
- Program duration: 3 hours
- Recommended Gear List:
- athletic shoes will get wet during the ride recommended
- swimsuit and a towel
- Please note that this itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the tour leader, according to local and weather conditions.